Installation Instructions for Reveal and Front Facing Flood Barriers
The Installation process is dependent on the size, width and type of DEFE flood barrier you have purchased. Flood barriers which are over 4000mm in length (also depending on the height of the wall post) will require additional instructions which can be found at the bottom of the page.
- Ensure the surface of the ground is flat, and that the walls are vertical. If the ground is uneven or soft, a cement underlay or U-shaped channel is advised.
- Place the wall post against the desired application location. Using a spirit level, line up the post *ensuring they are vertical and parallel. Mark the wall for your reference.
- Coat the back and bottom of the post with waterproof adhesive and secure to the wall. The outer securing holes should face the direction the flood is expected from. Press the post down firmly to ensure appropriate seal pressure.
- Using the inner securing holes as a guide, drill into the wall and insert wall securing screws as firmly as possible.
- Create an additional seal around the post using the waterproof adhesive.
- Slot the dam beam in, starting with the bottom dam beam which can be identified by the thick rubber seal across the bottom. The top dam beam is marked with a yellow and black strip and a bolt stopper on either side.
- Slide the pressure system slide in plate into the top of the post. Tighten using the provided allen key and bolt until they are tight against the bolt stopper.
- Firmly tighten the side bolt in place on the post using the allen key provided.
*If the wall posts are not lined correctly, the dam beam will not fit. Please make sure the wall posts are vertical and parallel.
Instructions for flood barriers wider than 4000mm:
Flood barriers greater than 4000mm in width require an additional mid-point support post, which will be included in your order. Every additional 4000mm of width requires an additional mid-point support post.
Additional Components Supplied Per 4000mm:
- Mid-Point Connecting Support Post
- Angle Support
- Ground Pin
- Pressure System Bolt
Additional Installation Instructions:
- Follow the basic installation process detailed above.
- Once the dam beam have been inserted, the location that the mid-support post needs to be installed will be apparent. Mark the location for your reference.
- Line up the mid-support post and mark the locations of the five support holes, four at the base of the mid-support post and one behind the barrier for the attached angle support.
- Drill five holes and secure the ground plugs within them using the waterproof adhesive. Ensure the top of the ground pin is flush with the ground level.
- Screw in the supporting screws to secure the mid-support post and the angle support.
- Slot the dam beam in, starting with the bottom board which can be identified by the thick rubber seal across the bottom. The top board is marked with a yellow and black strip and a bolt stopper on either side.
- Insert the pressure system slide in plate into the top of the post and the mid-support post. Tighten using the provided allen key and bolt.
- Firmly tighten the side bolts in place on the mid-support post and side wall post using the allen key provided.