The Installation process is dependent on the size, width and type of DEFE flood barrier you have purchased. Flood barriers which are over 4000mm in length (also depending on the height of the wall post) will require additional instructions which can be found at the bottom of the page.
- Ensure the surface of the ground is flat, and that the walls are vertical. If the ground is uneven or soft, a cement underlay or U-shaped channel is advised.
- Place the wall post against the desired application location. Using a spirit level, line up the post *ensuring they are vertical and parallel. Mark the wall for your reference.
- Coat the back and bottom of the post with waterproof adhesive and secure to the wall. The outer securing holes should face the direction the flood is expected from. Press the post down firmly to ensure appropriate seal pressure.
- Using the inner securing holes as a guide, drill into the wall and insert wall securing screws as firmly as possible.
- Create an additional seal around the post using the waterproof adhesive.
- Slot the dam beam in, starting with the bottom dam beam which can be identified by the thick rubber seal across the bottom. The top dam beam is marked with a yellow and black strip and a bolt stopper on either side.
- Slide the pressure system slide in plate into the top of the post. Tighten using the provided allen key and bolt until they are tight against the bolt stopper.
- Firmly tighten the side bolt in place on the post using the allen key provided.
*If the wall posts are not lined correctly, the dam beam will not fit. Please make sure the wall posts are vertical and parallel.